Thursday, March 14, 2013

Caring Colours BB Cream Everlast Review

Long time no see hehe. I kinda run out of things to blog about although I already made a list titled "Blog Topic" and it's quite a long list leh! Got like 15 - 20 things in there! So maybe I'm just lazy -.- 

Anyway, in this post I'm gonna do a review on Caring Colours BB Cream Everlast because I'm in a boring meeting right now and that's the only product pics I have in my lappy at this very moment.

So, I bought this BB cream because I ran out of my Silky Girl BB cream. I was contemplating to repurchase Maybelline but finally decided to try this one. I'm actually not a big fan of Maybelline's BB cream but for easily available offline and CHEAP BB cream, I find it's hard to name other brands :/ Mind you, I bought this eons ago and Pond's BB cream hasn't been launched yet. 

Suddenly I remembered that quite some time ago I've tried Caring Colours BB Cream Fair White! At that time the packaging was hot pink, and they're about to change their packaging so they threw a great sale where they packed 1 BB cream + 1 compact powder + 1 lipstick for IDR 50k only! What a steal, considering the BB cream itself costs around IDR 50k - 60k if I'm not mistaken. 

Caring Colours is a local Indonesian brand, under the famous PT. Martina Berto (Martha Tilaar) which carries several other cosmetic lines, targeted for various markets, e.g Belia (for teens), PAC (for MUA), Rudy Hadisuwarno (hair care), Dewi Sri Spa (body care/spa series) etc. 

Caring Colours has 3 variants of BB creams. Fair White, Everlast, and Luminizing. Fair White promises the whitening effect, Everlast for long lasting staying power and Luminizing for glowing and anti aging effect. Honestly I'm really curious about Luminizing from the very first time but then again I think I need more staying power than glowing effect to my-already-oily skin so I bought the Everlast one :|

Okay, here's what it looks like!


Purple! :D

The description on the back

Ingredients

Okay, it clearly says it contains Oxybenzone. I know nothing about it so here's an explanation from Wikipedia:
 "Oxybenzone is an organic compound used in sunscreens. It forms colorless crystals that are readily soluble in most organic solvents. It is used as an ingredients in suncsreens and other cosmetics because it absorbs UVB and short-wave UVA rays." 






Packaging is matte lavender tube. Looks as good as other more expensive brands I think :D
Contains 35 gr of product.


Sealed

Inside got sealed again with aluminum foil. I had a hard time opening it #weak. Just stab it a couple times with sharp tools okay lol.

Finally! -.-

Now to texture and swatch!


Squeeze a little on the back of my hand...




Texture is a bit thicker than Maybelline and Silky Girl but not too thick so still easy to blend. A bit powdery too, got this super small and soft beads feeling in it. 

Like every other BB creams, it only has 1 shade. I think this is more into yellow tone than pink. I dunno, maybe because it's a local product and most people here have yellow tone than pink? *shrugs*

But I dunno, in my face this sometimes looks grayish.. .__. 

Result!




Closer look


End result is matte. Coverage so-so only I guess. Can't hide blemishes and those green veins in my hand like you see in the picture above huhu. Staying power is ok but nothing super. Put this at 7 AM, become a bit oily at 9 AM (but still can pass as glowy look lol) but right after 10 AM it's just simply greasy -.-

Conclusion:

Pros:
  • Easily available in many offline stores and supermarket! 
  • Cheap! Got this for IDR 50k - 60k :D
  • Nice packaging
  • Local brand. Support local brand! 100% Indonesia hehe :D
  • Texture is ok. Easy to blend
  • Got sunscreen

Cons:
  • Coverage so-so
  • Staying power also so-so
  • 1 shade only, can't cater the needs of those with paler complexion

Overall, not bad la. Good for daily use but I don't think I'll repurchase. The color just doesn't work for me even though I have yellow tone :/ I suggest you ask the SA for tester before you purchase! :)

Ok, that's all for now! Will be back soon with more review! :D


38 comments:

  1. I like your blog! I'm a new follower via GFC and Bloglovin and also Twitter :D
    I never tried a BB cream, they are all too light for me :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I really appreciate it! :D
      Yea, most of them don't have super coverage like foundie. For me, it's the color. I want more shades!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your honesty! It's always a shame when you don't love something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that's too bad :/ I hope it works for other people!

      Delete
  3. When it comes to BB cream, I still rather stick with the asian ones cause they feel more flawless and of a perfect match to my skin :) #GIG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In contrary, I've never tried the western ones! Would love to try them sometimes :)

      Delete
  4. i love bb creams with sunscreen :) nowadays sunscreen is essential to protect our skin to the harmful rays of sunlight :)

    - from #gig
    www.swirlsandscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that's my #1 criteria in buying beauty products! :)

      Delete
  5. im not much of a bb cream fan because....like you said....it doesnt cover much and there is usually only 1-2 shades. >_< thanks for sharing! GIG

    http://makeupland2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm contemplating to switch to foundie because of this!

      Delete
  6. Aww, that is too bad. It does look grey!
    I can't seem to find the perfect BBcream for me either... I'm too pale I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only have 1 or 2 shades, making it hard for us who are too pale or too dark to find the perfect shade :/

      Delete
  7. Now I can't live without my BB cream :D...I'm using a VICHY IDEALIA BB cream and it's very good.
    After reading is review I should try this one too.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com
    GIG love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try other brand too, as long as it's not crazy expensive hehehe

      Delete
  8. Lovely blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    lots of love
    V
    vasfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm not a fan of bb creams :( anyway, nice review :)

    xo Sarvin
    http://classypyt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried 3-4 brands before, but all so-so only :/

      Delete
  10. Wow it looks really cheap and handy too. Although I've never tried bb creams, but this one sounds cool! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not bad for daily (and minimum) makeup :)

      Delete
  11. Great Review!
    GiG
    www.aunaturelessence.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ini sama bb creamnya ponds bagusan mana ya?

    btw
    im following you on gfc and bloglovin. do you mind to follow me back? :)
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aku belum pernah coba yg Pond's
      I just followed you! :)

      Delete
  13. cool! i have never tried a bb cream hehehe i feel like i am the last one on the blogsphere to say that ahaha #GIG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I also a bit late to try it :p

      Delete
  14. I think I should give bb creams another try! I didn't get great coverage but thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  15. Its good that you got new inspirations and topics to write about ! We all go through bloggers block and its good to look for interesting things to share. Grrat reviee!
    Xo,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very good presentation! You should also try Idealia BB Cream. I searched for many years for a hydrating cream for my skin and I think that idealia bb cream is very suitable for such skins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

      Delete
  17. have you tried CC Cream? Review one for me.. thanks :) *sok gak kenal sama yg punya blog*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belom pernah mbak, currently I'm sticking with my reliable fondie sajah haha. Would love to try it out someday'tho :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...